NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Toby’s Estate we are dedicated to providing the highest quality coffee, roasted in house daily, offering a full immersive coffee retail experience. We believe in sustainably sourced coffee direct from the farm with uncompromised quality and freshness. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY. Every employee at Toby’s will receive training, tools, and resources they need to develop their ability to taste and describe the products they serve. Our bar set up is such that our baristas will be interacting directly with customers. We are committed to providing a safe and fun work environment that will support employees on their journey to develop their skillset. We are looking for employees that want careers in coffee. We have opportunities for advancement in education, roasting, training, sales and the technical department.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience
- Proficient in all single cup brew methods
- Competent in latte art
- Competent at tasting and describing coffee
- Able to multitask whilst communicating with customers
- Be customer service centric; we are providing classic bar service which puts the barista on the front line
- Worked on or are familiar with La Marzocco Espresso machines.
Skills we like:
- Cupping experience
- Certificate in Food Protection for New York
- Start date immediate
- 30 to 40 hours
- Eligibility for health insurance and paid vacation after certain milestones
- Hourly rates differ depending on level of experience, plus tips
- Daily operating hours Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm
707 total views, 1 today