Full-Time Assistant Director of Educator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Who we are:
An independent family-owned company founded in 1994, we are Green Coffee Importers passionate about sourcing and supplying unroasted coffee to the top specialty roasters throughout the United States. We buy coffee from farmers, cooperatives, millers, and exporters in nearly 30 coffee-producing countries in order to supply the needs of our coffee roasting clients. Our office, primary distribution center and newly constructed state of the art education facility, THE LAB, is located in South Plainfield, NJ.
Currently we are building a curriculum to provide top tier education and industry training to the specialty coffee community. THE LAB at Royal Coffee New York hosts and teaches a wide range of coffee disciplines from becoming a barista to a Q-grader and everything in between. We offer the full suite of SCAA & CQI courses in addition to custom education and training not currently found in the specialty coffee marketplace.
Who you are:
As Assistant Director of Education for Royal Coffee New York you will be a self-described educator engaged in various areas of specialty coffee. You will be familiar with the SCAA coursework and preferably a Q-grader but most importantly passionate about coffee and those of the specialty coffee industry. Teaching at The Lab will provide you the opportunity to expand and hone your career as a coffee professional, while contributing to the improvement of the specialty coffee community through education. You will be a high energy, detail and schedule oriented person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create and teach an ever-developing education curriculum for the specialty coffee community.
- Be a part of in in-house and online content creation.
- Prepare per- and post- class agendas.
- Participate, organize and teach at industry conferences and events.
- Strong organization skills.
- Self‐motivated and high attention to detail.
- Proven experience as an educator with references (SCAA pathway experience is a plus).
- A college degree.
- Capable of working some weekends.
How to ApplyEmail Employment@royalny.com
620 total views, 1 today