Full-Time Assistant Educator
Devocion is the only exclusive farm to cup roaster in the world. All of our green beans are sourced from Colombia and arrive from the dry mill to our roastery located in Brooklyn in an average of 10-30 days. Our current education program includes extensive training for our wholesale partners and growing retail staff. We are looking for an education assistant to help maintain quality control on-site at our lab as well as travel to our wholesale clients.
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, diligent, self-sufficient and organized with a passion for expanding their knowledge of the coffee world.
*Must be available to work weekends and flexible enough to travel out of state*
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership or coffee management role.
- Ability to troubleshoot brewing issues and delegate problem solving with ease and understanding.
- Must have strong organization skills, time management skills and be proficient with Google Apps.
- An extensive knowledge of the coffee industry that includes (but is not limited to): Coffee cultivation, processing, biology and the ability to demonstrate that knowledge in a clear and exciting manner.
- Previous cupping experience and the ability to describe/taste flavors in an objective coherent manner.
- Fluidity and charisma with a unique teaching style that can cater to baristas of diverse backgrounds and technical experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Education Director to ensure preventative maintenance and quality control issues.
- Some experience with technical work and general machine maintenance on various types of brewing equipment.
- Enthusiastically involved in the coffee community. Attends local coffee events, lectures and/or competitions.
- Past experience sample roasting and leading quality control cuppings.
This is an hourly position with a strong potential to grow in our expanding company.
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
230 total views, 7 today