Full-Time Director of Coffee
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Dallis Bros. Coffee is a 100+ year-old craft coffee roaster with deep roots and a rich history in New York City. We are seeking a Director of Coffee with a passion for a career at the highest levels of the specialty coffee industry.
Our brand is headquartered in our new, state of the art office and training lab in Long Island City, NY.
Candidate responsibilities will include sourcing green coffee, as well as blend development and maintenance. It is also a sales support position requiring visits to customer and prospect locations in and around New York City Metro, Philadelphia Metro and nationally. The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop a customer base allowing for a generous bonus structure.
Customer types include restaurants, cafes, coffee bars, anywhere great coffee and allied beverages are appreciated.
All Dallis Bros. team members are responsible for generating new product sales, placing company owned equipment, training customers, and managing relationships with accounts.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
Be a strong team player who has the ability to work independently.
Must be proficient with:
- sample roasting
- green Coffee Sourcing
- green coffee grading
- sustainability initiatives
- single cup brewing
- espresso and milk preparation
- coffee shop management
- account management and sales
- Must be willing to travel to origin
- Must be willing to travel to national trade shows (SCA, NCA)
- Occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Daily general responsibilities shall include, face-to-face meetings with prospective customers
- Work with existing customers to help them improve their beverage programs
- Organize daily action plans to achieve individual goals
- Effectively communicate and convey brand messages and concepts to customers and prospects
- Participate in shaping the future of the specialty coffee industry through thought leadership
- Have an authentic passion for all types of coffee, and coffee preparation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the specialty coffee industry preferred
- Valid Passport.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to varied work environments.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our sister company's (Lacas Coffee Company, est. 1921) job posting portal HERE.
395 total views, 1 today