NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Mixtape Shop is looking for experienced baristas to join our team. We are a new record store/cafe located in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn. We’re looking for people who are passionate about making exceptional coffee and providing excellent customer service to join our team.
- Passionate about coffee, food and music.
- Reliable and consistent – we can depend on you to be punctual, provide friendly, efficient service & create rapport with customers.
- Dial in and maintain consistent Espresso extraction.
- Maintain high quality and consistent product standards.
- Accurately process transactions in our POS system.
- Cup and taste coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards.
- Communicate with team members and management to solve problems and improve service.
- At least one year speciality coffee experience
- DOHMH Food Protection Certificate (or be willing to attain)
- Strong attention to detail and healthy respect for cleanliness and sanitation
- A flexible schedule and available to work weekends
- Must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
- Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate espresso machinery
- Ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Frequently communicate with customers
- Lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed at the record store/cafe
- The work environment can be noisy
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive pay based on experience + tips!
Coffee education, training, cuppings, and in-depth knowledge in specialty coffee and hospitality available and open to all staff.
The Mixtape Shop is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyTo apply please send your resume and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org
334 total views, 1 today