Full-Time Cafe Educator – Grand Central Terminal
Joe Coffee was founded in 2003 as a singular specialty coffee house in Manhattan’s West Village with the simple vision of brewing the highest quality coffees and serving them with unsurpassed hospitality and knowledge. In order to bring such thoughtfully curated coffees to our customers, we worked alongside some of the most renowned domestic and international roasteries.
With the July 2013 launch of our own roasting operations in Red Hook, Brooklyn, we now roast 100% of our own single-origin and blended offerings. Whether in the Roastery or in one of our various cafes, we strive to affect our deeply rooted core value proposition: the desire to build, maintain and strengthen community at every level from producer to customer.
Joe Coffee is looking for an inspirational Educator to manage the coffee and espresso programs at our Grand Central Terminal retail location, ensuring beverages are served within the standards of quality and hospitality. Working with the management team, the Educator assists in the training of team members on coffee knowledge, brewing, equipment cleaning and proper handling of equipment.
• Demonstrated coffee knowledge; brewing methods; drink making
• Ability to work with staff on all levels from experienced baristas to baristas new to the coffee world
• Be an active participant in the NY coffee community
• Strong ability to lead cuppings; training sessions; and other coffee educational classes
• Be an exceptional leader to inspire team members on proper drink making and to verbally describe our coffees to the customers
• Dial-in all brewed coffee and ensure coffee is always served fresh
• Manage coffee inventory
• Provide staff with information about new coffees and coffee menu changes
• Ensure all brewing equipment is clean and well-maintained
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be clean, organized, and tidy
Pay is $15/hr
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://jobs.apploi.com/profile/joe-coffee
212 total views, 3 today