Full-Time Cafe Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
OQ Coffee Co’s mission is get folks to fall in love with specialty coffee. We source most of our coffees directly and work with select importers to complete our offerings of unique and delicious coffees; we roast on site in Highland Park in small batches, profiling each coffee to find its sweet spot; we brew coffee to detailed specifications that highlight each coffee’s unique flavor profile with the industry’s best equipment to make an unforgettably pleasant and delicious coffee experience; and we serve coffee and food in a comforting, welcoming, and friendly environment.
OQ Coffee Co. is seeking a highly motivated Shop Manager who is organized, patient, has excellent interpersonal skills, and loves specialty coffee. The Shop Manager is responsible for the Shop’s overall success, through motivating and managing the Staff Team, high customer satisfaction, smooth operations, and weekly finances. To achieve this, the Manager should maintain a passionate team that is skilled in customer service as well as the technical excellence of crafting a coffee experience. Responsibilities include:
- Managing daily operations including beverage and food preparation, bar flow, customer service, maintaining an orderly and clean presentation of the shop, and merchandising.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Administration of scheduling, approving hours for payroll, inventory management, ordering, money-handling, and managing costs (maintaining target levels for CoGS, labor, and stocking).
- Hiring, training, terminating, and coaching Team Members.
- Training and educating the Staff Team by providing, regular feedback, promoting OQ and industry best practices, reinforcing high standards of customer service and drink and food prep, proper cash handling, timeliness and neatness, etc.
- Facilitating the professional development of Team Members through ongoing, hands-on skills training, Staff Team Meetings, and encouraging attendance at training and professional events and competitions.
- Communicating regularly with the General Manager and with Roasting, Accounting, and Marketing Team Members.
- Planning and executing occasional pop-up events.
- Reviewing monthly P&Ls and assessing retail items with General Manager to implement sales strategies.
The ideal OQ Shop Manager:
- is passionate about specialty coffee
- is an excellent barista him/herself
- commits to (a minimum of) 12 months
- builds a strong team culture built on integrity, respect, and excellence
- works independently as well as synergistically with others
- works a variety of shifts and is flexible in their availability
- is a self-motivated problem solver
- proactively and creatively improves systems, processes, drinks, and offerings
- is organized, neat and focused
- is proficient in using MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, and social media platforms
- enjoys teaching/coaching as well as learning
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position is salaried. Pay is commensurate with experience (starting at $28,000+profit sharing).
We share healthcare premium costs, offer matching for retirement plan contributions, and pay for a membership to any relevant industry professional organization (e.g., SCA, BGA). Staff Team discount for you and your family. Rigorous and industry’s best training. Plus, you’ll get free coffee and fun every month! Win.
How to ApplyDownload application http://www.oqcoffee.com/oq-coffee-work-with-us Email email@example.com Please submit a resume with a cover letter, along with (minimum) two professional references.
333 total views, 1 today