Full-Time Café Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in NYC with additional locations in Miami, Chicago and soon-to-be Los Angeles, Café Integral aims to bring exceptional Nicaraguan coffees to the forefront of American coffee culture. With complete vertical integration, Café Integral’s approach stems from the grower’s perspective and sees the coffee through from shrub husbandry to the moment the beverage is served.
Our rigorous work at origin and commitment to the cultivation of coffee is at the core of our foundation. We source coffees from four of Nicaragua’s finest regions; known for their characteristic depth and balance, but also for their dynamic and complex profiles. The relationships formed here are close, familial, and involved; they represent a spirited exchange that allows us to grow together. Our espresso bar aims to present our coffees with the same distinguished craft and consistent excellence we display at every stage, all the while breeding a sense of warmth and community that is at the core of Nicaraguan hospitality.
We are looking for a spirited professional to join our team as Café Manager at our coffee shop located in Nolita.
The Café Manager is a key player in our team ensuring the best service to our customers and bringing out the best performance from our staff. The ideal Café Manager is a professional passionate about specialty coffee and about providing a superb customer service, capable of working as a member and as a leader at a high -level in a fast- paced environment while delivering on the business expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the complete Café operations including:
- Ensure Café Integral’s high level of standards for all product preparation and presentation are maintained by all baristas
- Work with staff and management to achieve sales targets and address issues and improvements required to increase them
- Make sure customers always receive a welcoming and exceptional service
- Ensure health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products and equipment are followed
- Hiring, Training and Management of staff, including performance feedback and disciplinary action when necessary
- Develop and maintain a healthy and productive work environment thru good communication with all employees and management
- Ensure the store – including bathroom – is kept immaculate, and nice at all times and opening and closing procedures are well executed
- Prepare and manage staff schedule
- Propose ideas and evaluations to management of new or improved offerings
- Be knowledgeable of the current coffee offerings by participating in tastings, cuppins and information provided by management, and share that knowledge with staff and customers
- Perform barista duties as needed
- Follow all company policies and make sure all staff follow them
- Demonstrate an ongoing pursuit of education, training, and industry trends and willingness to share it with staff
- Passionate about coffee, food and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Energetic, approachable, pleasant personality and a passion for hospitality
- Team builder, leader by example and accountable
- Reliable, dependable, punctual and consistent
- Commitment to delivering excellent performance and exceeding standards
- Highly organized with an obsession for details
- Dedication and respect for customers and staff, which includes understanding and valuing empathy and applying it to your interactions on and off the job
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn new things
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- NY Food Handler’s Certification
- A flexible schedule with availability to work weekends
- Experience and willingness to professionally develop employees
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to climb stairs
How to Apply
Cover letter not mandatory, but please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!.
726 total views, 1 today