NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Cashier at Tianti Books & Cafe
Department: Tianti Cafe; Reports To: Shift Supervisor (*We are also looking for experienced baristas for specialty coffee.)
- Operates cash register to accept payment for food and drinks.
- Work in a peaceful and beautiful environment in midtown Manhattan
- Greets customers.
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit/debit cards.
- Issues receipts, refunds, or change to customers.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculates total payments received during a time period, and reconciles this with total sales.
- Assist baristas in serving ready to go drinks.
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout area.
- Maintains the cleanness of front entrance and merchandise display.
- Maintains the cleanness of customer seating area.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Time to dedicate:
- Part time: 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Full time: 8 hours day, 5 days a week.
- Flexible for weekend shifts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Problem solving
- Good work ethic and caring team player
- Fast learner
- Efficient and organized
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- English and Mandarin bilingual a plus
- NYC Food protection certificate a plus
- No visible tattoo; Piercing limited to earlobe
References for further information
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TiantiBooksOfficial
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/tianti-books-new-york
How to ApplySend resume with a cover letter to HR@tiantibooks.org. Action time :)
291 total views, 2 today