Full-Time Delivery Driver
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We work hard. We have tremendous amounts of respect for each other and for what we do. We are progressive, open and evolving, but uncompromising in our commitment to quality. We are focused on sustainable growth and value everyone’s contribution and we also have lots of fun together. We are a passionate group of folks; some might even say obsessive. No matter which team we’re on, we’re sourcing, roasting, tasting, testing, practicing and pushing ourselves to do it better. And we drink the best office coffee on the planet.
Our Deliver Drivers support our commitment to exceptional customer service by working closely with the wholesale team, the roasters and customer support. This person will transfer roasted coffee and cold brew from our roastery in Brooklyn to our grocery and wholesale accounts within the designated territory, and may assist with general production from time to time. This position will be based in Brooklyn and have daily/weekly travel within New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Pick up and transport coffee and Cold Brew from Brooklyn roastery to outer markets.
- Know the ins and outs of merchandising and work closely with Grocery Sales Reps.
- Deliver coffee to wholesale customers in Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut channels including grocery and retail cafes. Interact with customers several times a week.
- Own the wholesale process for daily routing, delivering and, if needed, relaying orders to our Customer Support department.
- Collect and submit all invoices for delivered coffee & cold brew to Brooklyn on a daily and weekly basis.
- Manage coffee inventories at retail and maintain regular rotation of bagged coffee in accordance with Stumptown’s quality and freshness policies.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with NY Production, Sales and Office management teams.
- Provide excellent customer service and be a dynamic presence with all customers.
- Generally represent Stumptown in the field.
- Assist occasionally with daily production and flow on the Brooklyn roastery floor, as needed.
- Experience delivering product to customers
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Exceptional customer service and professionalism
- Attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Willingness to learn from mistakes to grow and enhance skills
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Hospitality and customer service focus
- Drive sprinter vans—getting in and out, loading and unloading product throughout shift
- Carry weight, lift—frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds will be mitigated with a lifting partner or device
- Stooping—bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Work takes place in a variety of settings to include Customer Café’s Grocery Stores, Warehouse environments and Stumptown Van
- Weather will vary with seasonal change
- Noise levels can be high at times
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
664 total views, 1 today