Full-Time Director of Specialty Coffee
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We have an open position for Director of Specialty Coffee. We’re looking for enthusiastic and skilled candidates who want to be part of a growing company.
About our Company
Dallis Bros. Coffee is a centenary specialty coffee roaster, founded in 1913 by brothers Abe and Morris Dallis. We work with a diverse base of coffee shops, cafes, restaurants, universities and distributors. We source, roast and distribute single origins and blends. All our work is done artisanally, by hand, at the highest level of quality. We have meaningful and longstanding relationships with coffee farms, brokers and cooperatives all over the world.
About the position
The Director of Specialty Coffee will be responsible for refining and continuously improving our specialty coffee program. The job will involve coffee sourcing and purchasing, cupping, quality control, training of team members and customers on coffee roasting/extraction, support for marketing dept. and other coffee-related activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
– Source specialty coffees either directly or through reputable green coffee brokers;
– Oversee and guide dynamic portfolio of relevant specialty coffees;
– Perform cuppings for sourcing, internal training, quality control and customer support activities.
– Serve as a training resource for other team members, an information resource for the sales and marketing departments, and for customers and prospects;
– Maintain coffee codes and descriptions in ERP system and website;
– Maintain blend recipes, roast profiles and all parameters required to produce great coffee;
– Maintain brew recipes and recommended brewing guidelines on diverse brewing methods for sales and service departments;
– Work with roastmaster and operations team to continually improve coffee quality;
– Monitor the quality of production and brewing techniques, ensuring customers get a top-notch product;
– Create and maintain performance indicators/benchmarks;
– Maintain and improve Coffee laboratory and showroom
- At least five years of experience in coffee, 7-10+ years preferred
- Certified Q grader is a big plus; candidates not certified must have equivalent level of knowledge and be able to get certified within 12 months of start of employment
- Extensive experience in cupping and using different brewing methods and brewing machines
- Strong espresso skills – roasting, blending and brewing
- Familiarity with internal workings of coffee brewing machines is highly desired
- Can work out of offices in the New York Metro or Philadelphia Metro regions
- Must be willing to travel extensively, locally
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Must be a team player and hands-on
Are you right for this position as we head into our next century? Get in touch!
How to Apply
Interested candidates please email resume to hr (at) dallisbroscoffee.com.
2477 total views, 1 today