Full-Time Full Time Barista
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in NYC with additional locations in Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles, Café Integral aims to bring exceptional Nicaraguan coffees to the forefront of American coffee culture. With complete vertical integration, Café Integral’s approach stems from the grower’s perspective and sees the coffee through from shrub husbandry to the moment the beverage is served.
Our rigorous work at origin and commitment to the cultivation of coffee is at the core of our foundation. We source coffees from four of Nicaragua’s finest regions; known for their characteristic depth and balance, but also for their dynamic and complex profiles. The relationships formed here are close, familial, and involved; they represent a spirited exchange that allows us to grow together. Our espresso bar aims to present our coffees with the same distinguished craft and consistent excellence we display at every stage, all the while breeding a sense of warmth and community that is at the core of Nicaraguan hospitality.
We are looking for spirited professionals to join our team as Baristas at our coffee shop located in Nolita.
Baristas complete the final leg of our coffee’s journey: the customer experience. The ideal barista is a positive person that creates an unforgettable customer experience through their passion for coffee, dedication to their craft, and love of people. They are personally accountable, and possess the emotional skillset to operate at a high-level in a fast-paced environment while understanding the goals of running a successful business.
- Contribute to the achievement of our sales targets by creating an unforgettable retail experience that combines quality, efficient and friendly customer service
- Prepare specialty coffees at a fast pace while maintaining Café Integral’s highest level of standards for all product preparation and presentation
- Stay on top of current coffee and food offerings through tastings, cuppings and information provided by management. Educate customers about the products, and also how they may be enjoyed at home
- Perform store duties, including payment processing, opening and closing protocol, inventory management, and all other tasks related to keeping the location functioning smoothly
- Assist in the training and development of new staff
- Maintain an immaculate environment at all times including cleaning the bathroom
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products and equipment
- Works with co-workers and manager to solve problems and improve quality and service
- Follows all company policies, including those for cash handling to ensure accountability of Café Integral’s funds
- Demonstrate an ongoing pursuit of education, training, and industry trends
- Approachable, outgoing, pleasant personality and a passion for hospitality
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and little need for supervision
- Passionate about coffee, food and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Reliable, dependable, punctual and consistent
- Highly organized with an obsession for details
- Dedication and respect for your customers and co-workers, which includes understanding and valuing empathy and applying it to your interactions on and off the job
- Keen and intuitive sensibility towards service and general surroundings
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn new things
- 1-2 years of barista experience
- NY Food Handler’s Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire
- A flexible schedule with availability to work weekends
- Ability to maintain quality work in a fast pace environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build strong customer relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to climb stairs
How to Apply
Cover letter not mandatory, but please send your resume to email@example.com.
1007 total views, 1 today