Freelance General Manager (New Location)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MatchaBar is a Cafe and Matcha tea company founded by two brothers in Brooklyn, New York. MatchaBar opened its flagship cafe in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2014. In 3 short years, the team has opened 3 cafes and taken a bottled product to the national market. In 2017 we continue our West coast expansion in Los Angeles and the MatchaFam prepares for a national roll-out of their bottled matcha!
Our Values: Good Things Come To Those Who Hustle.
Do we believe in Karma? Magic? Santa Claus?
Were not quite sure, but we do believe in the hustle. ¨It’s the backbone of our business, and is responsible for MatchaBar’s very existence! The hustle is about going above and beyond to get the job done. Our community, the MatchaFam, defines itself by just thishard work, passion, and a sense of purpose.
Salaried Position DOE
Must have 2+ years experience in the cafe business, running multiple locations. Job Description: Manage MatchaBar Cafe Operations in their new location in Soho neighborhood in Downtown Manhattan. Experience in NYC or Los Angeles is preferred but all restaurant/cafe management experience elsewhere is relevant. We are looking for an individual that takes PRIDE in providing amazing cafe service and drinks to a bustling neighborhood, that knows the ins-and-outs of this business, and is totally comfortable embracing company culture and taking initiative. Applicant must come to the job with a firm grasp on how to create systems to affectively maintain inventory, purchasing, margins, and payroll.
Communication will play a critical role as you will be working creatively with the founders and partners to execute their vision, introduce new menu items, and create the optimal cafe experience.
Serve café customers by maintaining the facility; keeping running inventory; placing weekly orders with distributors; planning and directing food/drink preparation; managing COGS; managing and working with an awesome staff; greeting and seating customers; collecting revenues; maintaining supplies, equipment, and sanitation; managing staff.
* Accomplishes café human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Meets café operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
* Meets café financial standards by generating, collecting, and depositing revenues; paying bills; providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions. Costing recipes, in regard to drinks as well as food menu items.
*Maintains high standard and regularly monitors sales, adjusting when necessary, in regard to products we carry in the cold case as well as on our retail shelves.
* Quality control and weekly quality control check-ins across the various locations.
* Interested in designing and executing appealing meals by designing menus; selecting “specials”; anticipating food consumption; estimating cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; placing and receiving food orders; evaluating the quality of meats, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, and baked goods; directing food preparation and cooking procedures; ensuring kitchen food production; monitoring cold and cooked food quality.
* Maintains café general supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
*Maintaining “A” health grade and keeping the cafe above and beyond in regard to our cleanliness and sanitation standards.
* Keeps café equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and legal regulations; procuring pest control and trash removal services; maintaining security system.
* Satisfies customers by responding to special requests; resolving complaints; maintaining a relaxed, friendly atmosphere in the café.
* Closes the café by balancing out cash drawer; making bank deposits; reconciling charge slips; turning-off equipment; activating security system.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional and trade publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Accomplishes café goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Enthusiastic, Quick Books, Team Building, Payroll, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, People Management, Planning, Safety Management, Quality Focus
How to ApplyPlease email: Max@MatchaBarnyc.com with a brief intro and reason for applying and attach your resume. Thank you! MatchaBar
284 total views, 2 today