Full-Time Director of Coffee
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Craft Coffee
Craft Coffee is a unique presence in the coffee industry. We are dedicated to bringing our customers personalized coffee experiences by combining the best of technology with the best of coffee.
On the coffee side, there are two important aspects of our business. Today we are primarily a roasting operation. We roast many thousands of pounds of coffee every month. On the other side of things, we continue to maintain our sampler product where we partner with other artisan roasters. So we are both a roaster and a curator of production coffee.
On the technology and business side, we’re backed by YCombinator and a group of global, top-tier investors. Our partners have included brands like TED and Wired. Imbibe Magazine has called us one of the top coffee companies to watch. You’ll find us talking regularly about using software to innovate, improve systems and give our customers an excellent experience.
Fortune called us “the Internet coffee company.” We’ve also been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Wired, Sprudge, Saveur, Fast Company, Serious Eats, New York Magazine, Esquire and a whole lot more.
As Coffee Program Lead, you will run our green buying and roasting program. You will also lead the process of evaluating and sourcing production coffee from other roasters for our sampler product. This is a truly unique opportunity to grow your career in the coffee industry beyond the relatively limited roles that are typically available.
This is a lead role that requires not just coffee skills, but also business and operations skills. It combines all the most fun parts of running a coffee program — sourcing quality green, creating profiles for rotating single origin selections — with high level business operations that touch project and product management, account management, and merchandising.
You will manage a production roasting operation, but you will not be production roasting on a regular basis.
You should apply for this job if:
- You have prior experience directly managing a production roasting operation, or production roasting yourself in a professional specialty or grocery environment where you had significant responsibilities, including experience managing production timelines. Meeting quality control standards is required.
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience working in the coffee industry.
- You love coffee – a passion for cupping, tasting and evaluating your work is a must.
- You’ve had at least some exposure to professional green buying, as well as sophisticated knowledge of the green evaluation and purchasing processes.
- You have prior experience working with spreadsheets beyond a basic level and you are very comfortable with web-based tools and spreadsheets. You will be doing sophisticated forecasting and roast planning using these tools, and you will need to be able to use them on Day 1 with no help.
- As this is a lead role, you must be a self-starter, autodidactic, a problem-solver and innovator. When you look at a problem your first instinct is that you can do it better and you proactively create solutions.
- You live in New York City, or you’re willing to relocate here immediately.
Why Craft Coffee?
- Source excellent coffee. Develop profiles on our awesome in-house TJ067 production roaster.
- You will play a significant role in the coffee community. We have the honor of working with perhaps more importers than any company on Earth. So much opportunity for collaboration!
- Work at a dynamic internet startup while also working in the coffee industry. You’ll have more opportunity to grow your career and use a diverse set of skills than is typically available with the standard career options in the industry.
- We’re in a constant state of change and evolution. If you like pushing on the walls of how things work and challenging yourself to think beyond the status quo, this the place for you.
- We already have advanced production processes in place for forecasting, purchasing, and shipping coffee at a significant scale. We’re extremely good at the business and technology side of things.
- Competitive pay.
How to ApplyPLEASE APPLY THROUGH OUR HIRING PAGE, HERE: http://craftcoffee.applytojob.com/apply/QmhRW0/Director-Of-Coffee
1600 total views, 3 today