Full-Time Service Director
Devocion is the only farm to table coffee roaster in the world. All of our green beans are sourced from Colombia and arrive from the dry mill to our roaster, located in Brooklyn, in an average of 10-30 days. Devocion’s quality standard is to only roast fresh green beans #devocionfresh
We are looking for someone to head our Service Department. The ideal candidate requires strengths in coffee equipment knowledge, electrical & plumbing knowledge, strong customer service, enjoy the challenge of resolving issues, diligent, self-sufficient and organized with a passion for expanding their knowledge of the coffee world.
*Must be available to work overtime, weekends and flexible enough to travel out of state*
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a technical service support role
- Ability to troubleshoot coffee equipment and delegate problem solving with ease and understanding.
- Ability to troubleshoot coffee brewing issues
- Extensive knowledge of coffee machines, including espresso machines, coffee grinders and drip brewers.
- Perform routine maintenance on coffee machines
- Must have strong organization skills and time management skills.
- Interact with clients in a positive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal departments to ensure preventative maintenance and quality control issues are solved in a timely manner
- Respond to clients requests via emails or calls
- Document all work.
- Ability to respond to emergency service calls 7 days a week.
- Bench test machines if needed
- Lift over 50 pounds regularly and be able to bend, kneel, squat, among others
- 2+ years of barista experience in a third wave coffee shop
- Enthusiastically involved in the coffee community. Attends local coffee events, lectures and/or competitions.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Cupping and roasting knowledge / courses
- Strong potential to grow in our expanding company
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
172 total views, 8 today