Part-Time Head Roaster
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in NYC with additional locations in Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles, Café Integral aims to bring exceptional Nicaraguan coffees to the forefront of American coffee culture. With complete vertical integration, Café Integral’s approach stems from the grower’s perspective and sees the coffee through from shrub husbandry to the moment the beverage is served.
Our specialty coffees are roasted in Brooklyn, NY where thru a high quality roasting process, the green- beans are transformed to reach their best aroma and flavors.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, mechanically inclined, detail oriented individual who likes to be part of a team and work in a fast paced environment to be our Head Roaster.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly coffee roasting to meet our Café and our wholesale accounts demand
- Effectively work with defined roasting profiles, making adjustments to roaster settings as needed ensuring Café Integral’s roasting quality standards are consistently achieved
- Maintain quality control thru cuppings and regular product analysis
- Transfer roasted coffee to appropriate production station (bagging and grinding) to ensure efficient workflow.
- Assist production staff wtih stamping, bagging, and allocation of coffee
- Maintains roasting equipment and work area clean and in good condition and addresses with management any repairs required
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines, OSHA Safety standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and applicable health codes at all times.
- Assist in tastings and other public events as needed
- Manage company’s green bean inventory
- Throughly clean bins, tables and general warehouse area and machines according to cleaning schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Passion for the coffee industry and for detailed processes
- 2 + years of coffee roasting experience and willingness to expand knowledge
- Proven ability to roast coffee to precise specifications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Excellent time management skills
- Logical and methodological approach to problem solving
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently and under minimal guidance
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the working conditions including heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds
- Basic computer and mechanical skills
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
554 total views, 1 today