Lead Barista (Full Time, Part Time) for Specialty Coffee Shop in Jersey City.
A unique opportunity for a great barista passionate about life, people, quality coffee and having fun. Maggie’s Farm Espresso is looking for a Barista to join the strong team of our independent Australian style specialty coffee shop and develop it into a leading local coffee program.
Maggie’s Farm Espresso cares about people and values. We value quality, integrity, consistency, sustainability, independence & personality. Our mission is to have positive impact on daily interactions by sending guests out in a better state than they came in. This is delivered by great coffee, food & people. Simple!
- Consistently perform and produce excellent quality espresso beverages quickly & under pressure including latte art
- Demonstrate passion for personalized customer service and developing strong relationships with customers & staff
- Maintain a safe clean working environment compliant with dept. of health
- Opportunity to develop our coffee program , work with roasters, change coffee menu to enhance overall program and experience
- Tasks such as setup, cleanup and breakdown
- Manage inventory and replenishment, prep area, tools and equipment
- Assist with new partner training by offering encouragement and feedback
- Experience making quality espresso, including dialing in, maintaining consistent espresso extraction and batch brewing
- Minimum of 1 year experience in specialty coffee service
- NJ or NY Food handler’s license (preferred) but not required
- Must present well, can do attitude and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Basic math and written communication skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs) and use hands repetitively for pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- competitive for the right person plus tips
- Complimentary Coffee & Lunch everyday
- Access to 401k if interested
- Access to high quality training programs through our partners
- Open to flexibility of benefits for right person. We value our people!