Full-Time OPENING MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Maglia Rosa, an Italian cafe and bespoke bike shop concept in Carroll Gardens has been up and running successfully for almost 3 years. Our intimate shop and cafe has become a home base for the local cycling community and the surrounding neighborhood, offering La Colombe coffee drinks, Italian paninis, and beer and wine. We’re excited to be opening a second location in Sunset Park’s Industry City this summer. While our current location is a full on bike shop and cafe, the opening location will be a larger cafe with more expansive food offerings and self service bike repair stations.
We’re looking for a manager to help open the Industry City location and help oversee operations at the current location in Carroll Gardens.
1. Previous experience managing a restaurant or cafe, and/or experience opening a new food establishment in NYC.
2 Experience creating food menus and implementing food prep logistics
3. Barista experience
4. Strong work ethic and initiative
5. Food Handler’s License
6. An interest in bikes is a plus but not required.
7. Experience working with Square beyond point of sale (opening and closing reports, setting up menu items, pricing and inventory) is preferred but not required.
1. Helping create a functional and efficient flow from the service/sales perspective and the customer perspective.
2. Hiring and training a new staff from the ground up.
3. Creating the menus (breakfast and lunch fare, paninis, salads, etc), sourcing ingredients, and creating logistics behind the food prep portion of the cafe.
4. Learning about and training staff on (limited) bike retail products such as helmets, seats, etc.
5. Maintain inventory of beer, wine, coffee products, paper products.
6. Tracking sales and customer flow and adjusting product offerings and hours of operation accordingly to maximize profit.
7. Understanding and implementing all necessary standards to pass a DOH inspection.
8. Overseeing the current cafe in Carroll Gardensstaff scheduling, ordering, keeping the cafe up to DOH standards and preparing the staff for an upcoming health inspection.
How to ApplyPlease send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
A brief cover letter explaining why you're the right fit for this position,
How soon you're able to start
Applications without all 4 of these components will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
436 total views, 2 today