Full-Time Service Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Irving Farm Coffee Roasters is looking for a coffee professional to add to its team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned technician, ready to hit the ground running, but otherwise exceptional candidates may receive on-the-job training. You’ll be joining a small team of technicians and work out of a service shop that shares space with our education and training labs.
Opened in 1996 as a neighborhood cafe, Irving Farm Coffee Roasters has grown into one of New York’s most beloved hometown roasters. With nine retail cafes, a bustling wholesale business, an SCA Certified Training & Education Loft, a Roastery and Tasting room in the Hudson Valley, and a brand new cold brewery we continue to build our business on relationships–from customers to coffee producing partners to team members.
Irving Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace and world.
- Diagnose and repair technical issues with coffee machines, including brewers, drip and espresso grinders, espresso machines, and hot water dispensers, to Irving Farm standards
- Perform routine maintenance on coffee machines to Irving Farm standards
- Document work performed in a timely manner
- Interact with customers in a professional, empathetic, and positive manner
- Respond to customer requests for service calls via email and phone
- Occasionally receive shipments
- Occasionally bench test received coffee machines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year’s experience as a full-time technician of coffee equipment preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a barista preferred
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Must have a valid New York driver’s license and be comfortable driving in New York City
- Basic proficiency with a smart phone and computer
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security background check
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as part of a rotation, as needed
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds regularly
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and squat as part of daily work
- Must be capable of traversing New York City and central New Jersey via public transportation
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive industry wage
Unlimited monthly Metrocard provided
Full tool kit provided
Benefits packages, including: health insurance, 401k participation with an employer contribution, Paid Time off, and cell phone reimbursement
How to ApplyPlease email a CV with a resume attached as a PDF to: email@example.com
390 total views, 2 today