Full-Time Training and Service Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
THE POSITION: Training and Service Technician
We our expanding our product offerings and footprint in the specialty coffee and tea industry, and are looking for a Training and Service Technician that is flexible, creative, and effective in responding to all incoming customer needs. This candidate will provide full technical support and training sessions for our global network of distributors, resellers and end users. The Training and Service Technician must be an industry professional that is committed to providing world class customer service in every situation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a love for coffee and tea, and be passionate about delivering a perfect cup out of our machines.
- Represent AD’s company vision and values with a high level of professionality and integrity in all business interactions. This includes timely, thoughtful and creative interpersonal communication with all customers.
- Take ownership over building and expanding AD’s technician network in the USA and abroad. The Training and Service Tecnician will work closely with the AD Sales Team to identify and reach out to new key tech partners. This will be facilitated through training, resourcing, and ongoing communication with all distributors and 3rd party technicians.
- Lead customer and distributor training seminars at Alpha Dominche and in various customer locations. This includes preparing all necessary training information and documentation.
- Provide reactive service as the first point of contact for all technical and customer inquiries. This includes responding to all inquiries via email, text, phone and video chat, or during onsite visits to the customer’s location.
- Enhance the customer’s positive experience with Alpha Dominche by recognizing their needs and providing solutions that meet and surpass those needs.
- Anticipate customer needs and build proactive resources for our distributors and end users, including: Preventative Maintenance Guides, Training Videos, Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Spare Parts Guides, and Tool Lists.
- Travel to customer and distributor locations for machine installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training.
- Record 100% of work performed in AD’s CRM system, Salesforce. This includes all tech support calls, administrative responsibilities, and any assistance provided in other departments.
- Provide meaningful feedback to the R&D team on product improvements needed to enhance machine performance and field reliability.
- Set and prioritize schedule to ensure job needs are met as efficiently as possible. Be adaptable to a quickly changing schedule.
- Promote a positive work environment and engage in projects with the greater AD team.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is preferred
- 2+ year of experience as a barista or within the coffee/tea industry is preferred
- 2+ years of experience providing technical support for commercial coffee and tea equipment
- Previous experience with machine installation, travel, and phone support
- Proficiency and comfort with handling, diagnosing and troubleshooting various mechanical systems. This includes the abilities to use hand tools and work with electrical, hydraulic, and plumbing systems.
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills, accessible via telephone, and promptly returns email and phone messages
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- 25%-50% travel is common and can be domestic or international
- Flexible schedule and availability to respond and troubleshoot customer calls during off-hours
- Extremely high level of quality and personal integrity
- Patient and calm manner when thoroughly investigating customer problems and complaints
- Ability to work in rapidly changing and high pressure situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective root cause analysis skills with the ability to enable solid countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence of problems
- Must show a proven ability to make decisions, be a self-starter, recognize when a process is broken and then fix it
- Must be self-motivated, and able to develop projects and timelines to expand the tech support department
- Extremely organized, deadline focused, and efficient with all Microsoft Office Applications
About the Company:
Alpha Dominche is an American company based in Brooklyn, NY with production in Salt Lake City, UT. We design and build advanced coffee and tea brewing machines with equal emphasis on innovation and craftsmanship.
Our signature machine, The Steampunk, is assembled entirely in the United States and its parts are sourced domestically wherever possible. Within the Steampunk, we’ve created a brewing system that offers unprecedented extraction, temperature control and thermal stability. Our brewing process allows baristas to serve coffee and tea with their own unique recipes and develop precise, balanced flavors that result in an extraordinary cup.
Alpha Dominche offers a new path forward in the coffee & tea industries through transforming quality brewing into a streamlined and interactive process.
How to Applysend a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
490 total views, 1 today